Master’s Degree in Musical Mediation, Management and Dissemination
ACADEMIC CALENDAR: From October 2019 to June 2020.
VERY FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR 2019-2020!
REGISTRATION: until the 25th of August included.
ACCESS TESTS: first fortnight of September 2019
MATRICULATION: Online. Second fortnight of September
NEW ADMISSION PLACES OFFERED: 20 per academic year
Contact for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Musikene. Centro Superior de Música del País Vasco (Higher Centre of Music of the Basque Country).
MÁSTER MEDIACIÓN, GESTIÓN Y DIFUSIÓN 2019-2020
Europa Plaza no. 2
20018 Donostia-San Sebastián
STRUCTURE OF THE MASTERS DEGREE
- Number of credits of the qualification: 120 ECTS
- Compulsory subjects: 75
- Optional subjects: 12 ECTS
- Work experience: 16 ECTS
- Dissertation: 17 ECTS
|COMP||Project laboratory I||12|
|COMP||Sociology of music: audiences and contexts||7|
|COMP||Theory and methodology of Musical Mediation||7|
|DISS||Methodology of research||5|
|COMP||Pedagogical innovation: resources and design of materials I||7|
|COMP||Musical Management and Production I||3|
|P||External work experience I||8|
|COMP||Project laboratory II||12|
|COMP||Musical Management and Production II||3|
|COMP||Pedagogical innovation: resources and design of materials II||3|
|P||External work experience II||8|
|COMP||Communication: management, dissemination, innovation||6|
Contents and methodology
The Masters Degree is structured in six modules:
- Compulsory Module I – Musical Mediation: focusses on the specific subjects referring to musical mediation and management and educational innovation.
- Module II – Creation of Projects: focussed on the development of competences which allow the students to experience, from a practical approach, the different possibilities music has to provide a vehicle for messages, actions and interventions in different social and cultural contexts.
- Module III – Musical Management and Dissemination: focussed on the development of competences which allow the students to discover the professional reality of music, as well as other subjects which complement training from the deep knowledge of musical institutions, their spaces, their structure, their functioning and the different communication and management possibilities of projects.
- Optional Module IV : offers material which widens the range of knowledge presented in the compulsory modules, shining a spotlight on the artistic and cultural avant-garde and current social problems, placing the mediator’s role in context.
- Module V – Work Experience: presents the opportunity to gain work experience in institutions carrying out musical activities in the fields of education and/or social work.
- Module VI – Dissertation: this will allow the students to demonstrate the acquisition of appropriate competences for the Masters and the carrying out of a research dissertation which will be presented in public.
Type of Teaching: Classroom-based teaching
External work experience, in institutions which carry out musical activities in the field of musical and cultural mediation and management.
The defence of the Dissertation will be held in public, once the rest of the Master’s Degree credits have been passed.
Group classes will be in Spanish and individual classes will be in the preferred language agreed between the teacher and student (Spanish, Basque, English or French).
We recommend a knowledge of English for bibliographic consultations.
The geographical origins of the teaching staff are very diverse and international, so they are bilingual to a large extent.
The school will facilitate the learning of different languages (Spanish, Basque, English, French and German) by means of its linguistic programme.
Access and admission
Student selection will be made by means of evaluation of merits.
Registration for access tests:
Registration dates: until the 25th of August included.
- Photocopy of National Identity Document, residence card, identity card or current passport.
- Academic transcript, showing gradings and examinations in all required subjects to access official Masters studies.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation for taking this Masters and other merits which the candidate wishes to contribute.
Evaluation of merits:
Date: 04/09/2019 11:00
- Qualifications corresponding to the Masters access speciality: up to 30%.
- Academic transcript: up to 20%.
- Curriculum Vitae: up to 20%
- Letter of motivation and other merits: up to 30%
If there are places available, Musikene shall be able to hold a new selection process which shall be advertised on the school website in a timely manner.
To be in possession of an official qualification in higher arts education, an official qualification or graduate degree or its equivalent from an institution of the European Higher Education Area or to finish the studies of the aforementioned qualification during the 2018/2019 academic year.
Likewise, students may also access the course with qualifications from educational systems outside the European Higher Education prior checking by the competent educational administration that they show an equivalent level of training.
Presentation of the qualification (or the receipt for payment of the rights to it) will be required upon enrolment. Those students who are currently undertaking the final year may submit this documentation at the end of it. In the latter case, such documentation should be submitted by October 15, 2019
Theory and methodology of Musical Mediation: Manuel Cañas (Guest teacher)
Sociology of music: audiences and contexts: Ana García Urcola, Patxi del Campo (Guest teacher)
Pedagogical innovation: resources and design of materials I: Maite Bilbao, Lucía Pérez
Pedagogical innovation: resources and design of materials II: Maite Bilbao, Lucía Pérez
Creation of Projects:
Stage training: Agustín Arrazola, Marina Bollaín
Project laboratory I: Mikel Cañada, Manuel Cañas (Guest teachers)
Project laboratory II: Mikel Cañada, Manuel Cañas (Guest teachers)
Musical Management and Dissemination:
Communication: management, dissemination, innovation: Mª José Cano, Juan Solaguren, Guest teachers
Musical Management and Production I: José Ignacio Abanda (Guest teacher)
Musical Management and Production II: Iñigo Alberdi (Guest teacher)
Professional management: Mª José Cano, Juan Solaguren, Guest teachers
Recording and post-production techniques: Juanan Ros
Art and society: Itziar Larrinaga, Stefano Scarani
Inter-cultural dialogue and new audiences: Mercedes Albaina, Ana García Urcola, Elix Etxebeste
Creative and aesthetic thought of the 20th and 21st centuries: Elix Etxebeste
Work experience I and II: Each student will have a work experience tutor
Methodology of research: Mª José Aramberri, Itziar Larrinaga
Dissertation: PHD teachers
The Masters Degree can be carried out in two years full-time, with matriculation of 60 ECTS per academic year, or part-time in three years, with a minimum matriculation of 45 ECTS in the first academic year. Each year, the matriculated credits during that academic year are paid.
Complete matriculation per academic year (60 ECTS): 3900 euro.
Payment will be made in 3 instalments:
- a third at matriculation
- the remaining amount in two halves, one in November and the other in February.
If you are a qualified ex-student of Musikene, you will enjoy a 15% discount on the price of matriculation.
- Basque Government grants: Students resident in the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country can gain access to the grants the Basque Government gives annually to carry out university studies and other higher studies. The open call is published in July at: http://www.hezkuntza.ejgv.euskadi.eus
Ministry of Education grants: Students residing outside the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country can gain access to general grants for those students carrying out post-compulsory education given annually by the Ministry of Education at the end of July at: www.mecd.gob.es